– On 13/01/1992, Chairman of the Council of Ministers (now the Government) has issued decision No. 08-CT to establish the Cat Tien National Park.
– On 16/02/1998 The Prime Minister has issued Decision No. 38/1998/QD-TTg to transfer the management of the Cat Tien National Park to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, with 73.878ha area, on the basis of merging Cat Tien National Park in Dong Nai province, Cat Loc Nature Reserve in Lam Dong province and the West Cat Tien Conservation Area in Binh Phuoc province.
– On 10/11/2001, Cat Tien has been declared by UNESCO to be Biosphere Reserve No. 411 of the world and is the second biggest biosphere reserve in Vietnam.
– On 04/08/2005 the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention has included the Bau Sau wetland system in the list of wetlands with international importance, position no.499.
– According to a review of forests and forest land in 2006 of South Delta Forest Investigation and Planning Institute, the area of Cat Tien National Park is now 71.350ha